2020 EGYLC Parent Volunteer Form
The success of our club depends on the commitment of our parents. Each family is needed to commit to a volunteer position in order to ensure a quality program for our children. We realize how busy these days are for you and your family, but we believe our club has volunteer opportunities to fit every parent’s schedule and interests. Some of the positions are shown below. In addition there are several committees that could use your help including events, fundraising and marketing. This form is to express your interest. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be sending out a form to sign up. We ask for about 8 hours of time throughout the season. Some jobs take more time, some less. You will not be taken away from your child's game. If you are unable to commit to one of the volunteer positions, a monetary contribution of $100.00 to support the activities of the club is an option.
In addition to Head and Assistant Coach positions here are descriptions for the other Volunteer Positions available:
Team Parent Coordinator – 1 per team
The Team Parent is the “conduit” between coaches and parents, managing questions or concerns that may arise.
• Maintains team email list, phone lists and team rosters.
• Communicates changes in roster, games or practices with the coach(s) and registrar.
• Sends emails to players/parents — receives coach, club and league information as necessary.
Team Scorekeepers /Timers – 2-3 per game
It is helpful to have several scorekeepers per team to share the responsibility. You need not have experience or know the rules of lacrosse. You will learn. This is a great way to learn more details about the game! It's also the best seat in the house! Training will be provided.
• Scorekeepers track goals, assists and penalties on a score sheet.
• Timers keep the game time, penalty time, and blow horns to mark each quarter and end of game.
• Retrieve the ‘team copy’ of the score sheet and give to the coach, and give the visiting team their copy (after the referee’s have signed them).
Sideline Manager - 1-2 per game
Home games require a person on the side of the families to make sure people are not violating the rules of the park (no food or drink other than water on turf, no dogs...) as well as occasionally remind a fan of the conduct rules.
Club Fundraising – 3 per team
Elk Grove Youth Lacrosse Club is planning a number of activities towards our fundraising efforts. Examples of activities include:
- Ordering and Selling T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and other fundraising items
- Contributing ideas and time for fundraising
- Soliciting for donations for events
- Soliciting sponsorships
Equipment Manager - per team
Duties will include taking out game equipment for first game of the day including scorers table and associated equipment, balls, and pop-up tent. Duties for last game of the day will include putting away this equipment. There will be a storage pod on site. To clarify, whatever team plays first, their Equipment Manager will set up and whatever team plays last, their Equipment Manager will put away. Players can help!
Practice Assistants – 2 per team
This year we’re asking parents that have the time to become involved in your child’s practice sessions. We’d like at least one parent per practice to assist with drills and stations and just be available as an extra aid on the practice field. It’s a great way to learn the game and watch the progress. Duties may include managing team equipment.
Open to: Men & Women